Ads on the Internet have gone through a major repackaging over the last decade. As more and more ads are being shown on the Internet, users are only becoming desensitized to the appearance of ads, and therefore, more likely to ignore them without even looking at the advert’s content. Hence, the necessity to create ads that grab the attention of internet users and turn a lead into a customer. One of such methods is called the “The Lightbox Ad.”
The Lightbox Ad
The Lightbox Ad is an ad on the Google Display Network (GDN). This ad is an interactive advert that uses a combination of images and videos to seize the attention of intent users. Here’s how it works.
- First, there’s only a small ad on the screen. To see what the advert is, you have to hover for two seconds or click/tap the ad.
- The ad is then expanded. The screen is dimmed, and the ad is placed into focus. This is why it is called a lightbox.
- This is where the interaction begins. Users can now scroll through the images or videos on the lightbox. This provides a more interactive experience because the viewer can select the video or image they choose to review.
- Once the array of images and videos are over, the viewer can then choose to go on to the landing page of the advert.
The lightbox ad is set for higher levels of success because of a few factors. The initial appearance of the advert on the screen- that tiny blimp- makes viewers curious. It’s not upright like most ads; instead, it invokes a sense of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Other ads show you all you need to know from the onset. This sense of mystery is important when gaining the attention of internet users.
The lightbox ad also gives viewers a sense of control over the rather uncontrollable influx of adverts on the internet. Finally, the ad is more engaging; hence it is more likely to have viewers actually proceed to the landing page.
Should I Use Lightbox Ads as an Advertiser?
You certainly should! In addition to the benefits discussed in the previous section, using lightbox ads also grants you access to the highly researched and robust algorithm of Google. With Google Lightbox ads, you will enjoy these additional benefits.
Lightbox Ad Benefits
- Targeted Adverts- Lightbox Ads are backed up by algorithm technology which is used to target viewers. GND Lightbox used placement options, interests, demographics, and keywords when showing Lightbox Ads.
- Innovative Content – Adverts have gotten boring, so it’s important that advertisers stay on top of their game. They should produce good content but, more importantly, engaging content.
- Dynamicity – Lightbox Ads can be used for a wide array of products and services because of the various mediums it offers. It also provides a great user experience for viewers.
Lightbox Ads are a way to offer better adverts to viewers. If you’d like to learn more about Lightbox Ads, please click here.